Thursday 19 September 2013

Knitted dish cloths

I am a huge fan of knitted dish cloths and the fact they are completely re-usable is a plus. Once they have done their duty washing up and are mucky, chuck them in the washing machine with the other laundry and they come out as good as new.

After they have been washed to death and are looking a bit sad they get relegated from the kitchen draw to the bathroom to clean in there. Once they are beyond that, as they are 100% cotton they can be chucked into the recycling as textiles. 

After visiting my Nanna in Scotland, she traded me a huge bag of cotton, double knit in white and ecru. So I set to work knocking up a few 


I don't bother blocking them as they are only to be used for cleaning pans and eventually the toilet. 

The one at the back is just a simple stocking stitch block with a garter border. The other uses this pattern found on raverly. I added a crochet border for added prettiness but I find crochet is better for scrubbing with.

Do any of you guys still use knitted dish cloths? My Nan always said her mother (my great Nan) always used them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...