Thursday 28 March 2013

Re-Growing vegetables from scraps

I saw a pin on Pinterest a few weeks ago talking about re-planting the bulb bit from spring onions. So next time I had some for dinner I saved them and put them in water for about a week until they started growing roots and I planted them in some compost.




Now these were originally outside, but I bought them in due to the heavy snow. There's also some salad trying to grow in there, but its struggling due to the lack of sun (the irony is as I am writing this, the sun is the brightest it's been for weeks).




The other day as I was cutting up the leeks for my soup, I had an idea come, maybe leeks did the same thing. So I repeated the process and sure enough, I potted up my leeks this morning!






You will need to excuse my gross window sills here!



If this was Pinterest, it would be in a mason jar, with a gingham bow round it; on a pretty bone china saucer. Unofrtunately a recycled yoghurt pot and a chinese take-away box will have to do!


Also, apparently you can just cut of what you need and the plant keeps re-growing. Never have to buy leeks and spring onions again! Awesome.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...