Wednesday 11 December 2013

Yarn along and Christmas presents


This week I have been enjoying another magazine, Kitchen Garden. In my opinion I find it is the best gardening magazine, it always comes with a pack of seeds and has lots of very useful tips, even though some of them are aimed at the young at heart!



I have been knitting with my hand spun silk, which is super hard as you may know that silk itself is very slippery. 



The finished product.




I have also been busy crocheting candle holders to go in the gift boxes.



Here they are all finished.

And packaged up





4 comments:

  1. Are you knitting on metal needles? I've found that using wooden needles when working with slippery yarn helps a lot.

    I've never heard of that magazine but how cool that you get a packet of seeds with each issue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was using metal needles, I did think about using wooden ones but I didn't have them in the size I wanted.

      You get some pretty cool varieties too. Sometimes the seeds that come as freebies tend to be a bit boring. But these peppers look pretty cool. I'll give them a go in March,

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...