Wednesday 4 December 2013

Yarn along



Joining Ginny in sharing what I am reading and knitting.




I am on a knitting rampage. I decided to give everyone a couple of knitted dish cloths as a present for Xmas as well as the usual chocolate. I think that handmade useful gifts are much more appreciated than the usual shop-bought chocolate. 

So at the moment I can knock out a dish cloth in about an hour and a half.  



This is going to turn into a bit of review too, so I apologise if you feel this a bit long. I am also reading a new magazine I discovered recently called "Landscape" at first glance I thought it would be like The Small Things magazine. Now, I have picked The Small Things magazine up a few times and had a flick through, I felt the editorial was little weak, although it does have some pretty pictures in and I found the craft tutorials a little basic for my liking. But I was pleasantly surprised when I picked up Landscape.




 







Lots of really interesting articles about various topics, including traditional Christmas decorations, around the garden, animals, crafts and some pretty tasty looking recipes. I am definitely buying the new issue when it comes out on the 11th. 

4 comments:

  1. I know one of my favorite gifts last year was a mason jar filled with all the dry ingredient for scones, a dishcloth and the recipe was tied to the outside. They were delicious and a very useful gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking of packing a box with an egg from my chickens, two candle holders (upcycled dessert dishes), candles to go in them, the dish cloths and some hand-made hair accessories.

      Delete
  2. I love that magazine and treated myself to a subscription last year. I think I may renew it as that festive issue was so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might suggest that idea to my boyfriend as he is stuck what to get me for Xmas!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...