Thursday 1 August 2013

Planting mad.

Today, I received 64 brassica plants. 16 each of kale, cabbage, white sprouting broccoli and spring greens. Planted them as soon as possible, in the midday sun. Phew, I was sweating buckets by the time I had finished. Little bit squashed in my raised beds now, I shall probably pick some for baby leaves to thin them out and see how we go.


Also harvested some cayenne chillies, I will make some fermented hot sauce - like Tabasco. I am also planning on drying some out and adding them to some olive oil for dipping bread. 


These chillies are off of the bigger of the two plans. My other one isn't doing too well, does anyone know the cause of the chillies doing this?


Back onto the hot sauce. Easiest method I found was to toss the peppers into a clean jar, add some garlic cloves, salt and water.




And saving some seeds of course. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...