Friday 9 August 2013

My new food dehydrator

I brought myself a present... A food dehydrator! Ta-dah!


I bought it so I could process my produce in a healthy way. It's been running non-stop since I got it.


Here it is in action, making sweet potato and potato crisps. If you head over to pintrest I started a board collecting recipes.


Here are some dehydrated tomatoes which I am storing in olive oil with garlic, oregano and basil. Mmmm makes me hungry just thinking about them.


Here are some "cookies". They are basically mashed bananas, cocoa, vanilla paste and oat flour. Very tasty.


Here is fruit leather. Again very easy to do, just cook two apples down until soft, add in some blueberries and blitz with the food processor until it looks like baby food. Spread it out thin on some baking parchment and dehydrate until it is leathery. About 12 hours. 


I have also made jerky. It is very tasty.

Let me know your favourite recipes so I can give them a go.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that looks great, a friend I visited recently has one but it is twice the size of yours. This one looks a much better size I thought they were all really big. Do you think you could dry fresh herbs in it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have managed to dry herbs in it. I have dried oregano, mint and lovage in it so far it only takes 2 hours or so. And also I have tried flowers and chilies too. It all turns out great. I am just running out of containers for everything!


    I purchased this one from Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andrew-James-Dehydrator-Adjustable-Temperature/dp/B009DIFMXK/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1376299396&sr=1-1&keywords=food+dehydrator .

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the event that you will get dried out essentially one sort of nourishment, at that point one dehydrator is all you will require. Contingent upon what amount getting dried out you anticipate doing with your new machine, you will need to buy either a little, medium or substantial unit. 3926TB review

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...