Monday 25 March 2013

Facial toner recipe

I have known the benefits of drinking green tea for a while and regularly enjoy a cup or ten :). It's like super charging your water with vitamins, anti oxides and other goodies. When I went to the super market the other day I noticed there was a new range of Twinings green tea that was flavoured with different fruit combinations, I picked up the mango and lychee one and also the mint one as they were two for £2.

As I was waiting on my mint green tea brewing, I remembered seeing an advert for a facial cream with extracts of green tea. So I tossed my used tea bag into a small bowl and topped up with water and let it steep over night removed the tea bag and added in a capful of witch hazel to add a little astringent in it.

I dipped in my flannel and wiped it over my face and let it dry. It felt fantastic, it was refreshing like the shop bought ones but without the stingy-alcoholic tight feeling afterwards.


Just two ingredients:






I admit it: looks a little gross but trust me it works!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...