Thursday 19 December 2013

Irish crochet

 I recently have been looking at (and admiring) Irish crochet. I came across this on my Pintrerest feed:






 I was immediately hooked as we say. I had a bit of an idea brewing in my brain to make some mini-doilies. Which turned out ok, but look more free-form crochet-y. I have made them into pretty hair ties.



 


 


 


and all four together


 
 When  I was looking for some information online initially I found it quite hard to find instructions and information about, it seems to be one of those skills that is passed down through the generations.

Although some digging around has bought up some very useful archives on the Internet, here and there are some lovely old patterns here. There are a few books that I have seen recommended such as the Priscilla range of books and Irish Crochet by Mdme Hardouin (although this one is in French).

I feel super inspired by these books and pictures and will keep you posted about how things turn out.


xxx

Oh and PS we did have snow this morning but it didn't settle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...