Saturday 23 November 2013

Blind DIY

Remember the other week I was talking about crafts using Hessian fabric? Well I gave my bathroom blind a bit of a make over.


This is what it looked like before. It was about 10 years old and incredibly faded. After I put it through the wash to see if it could be saved. I managed to get rid of the icky mould build up, I decided it would be ok to use. 

carefully unpicked it all and took the backing and thermal lining. Used the old piece of fabric as a template and cut a new piece of fabric from some upholstery hessian. I chose this type because it has a large open weave so it could still let some light through.

I machined-sewed the bits that held the hardware on but to give it a nice neat edge I spent most of the day hand stitching it. 



My rubbish attempt at stich invisible stitches.



And here it is finished! I managed to hang it wonky to boot. I really needed another pair of hands to help me do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...